Monday 6 May 2013

My thoughts on the end of MacBeth

I believe that MacBeth was kind of a uneventful play, but I did enjoy the ending. I believe that MacBeth deserved to die because he killed so many innocent people. So ending the play with him being killed was perfect. Also I think it was suitable that Lady MacBeth killed herself because she didn't actually kill anyone but she did create this guilt for herself and therefore it makes sense that she takes her own life. All in all the ending was satisfying especially because MacDuff becomes king and he is the "medicine" for Scotland  The End. And they all lived happily ever after, or dead.

3 comments:

  1. I also found the ending satisfying, but I disagree with you that the play was uneventful. Macbeth is easily one of my favourite Shakespearean plays. That said, I did NOT like Macbeth in high school...it wasn't until the reread the play that I actually enjoyed it. Macduff slays Macbeth, but Malcolm becomes king.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, the play was very bland and the ending was very satisfying. Maybe this is because I no longer have to deal with the hassle of reading Macbeth or maybe because it ended happily for Scotland? No it was definitely because the play was done... for good.

    ReplyDelete