Monday 8 April 2013

Lady Macbeth

     My opinion of Lady Macbeth is that she is controlling and insane. When Macbeth is having second thoughts about killing Duncan Lady Macbeth made him feel bad for "breaking his promise". She told him that if she promised to kill her baby even while she was nurturing she was take it off her breast and kill it. If that doesn't prove she is psychotic I don't know what will. I do believe that Macbeth is at fault for the murders but I think that without lady Macbeth they probably wouldn't have happened.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with your assessment of Lady Macbeth. She is incredibly controlling and I think may even be more ambitious than Macbeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree, lady macbeth is very controlling and without her insulting and pressuring macbeth the murder could have been prevented . Macbeth still committed the crime , but as you said without lady macbeth it possibly wouldn't have happened

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that, without Lady Macbeth, the murder wouldn't have happened. Before Macbeth meets with Lady Macbeth for the second time, when they planned the murder, he had been doubting the idea to kill Duncan and it sounded like he wasn't going to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not fully agree with the idea that Macbeth wouldn't have commited the murder if it weren't for Lady Macbeth's influence. I believe that murder is such a horrible crime that one would have to have the right mind set in order to kill. I think that Lady Macbeth had a great impact on Macbeth, but I believe that he would have eventually done it in order to reach his goal as he had thought of it himself earlier on in the play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right when you say he had to be able to (and probably want to) kill Duncan because I know if somebody I loved asked me to kill someone I would never go through with it. I think Macbeth already had it in him to murder the King and that it was just Lady Macbeths urgings that finally made him carry out his plan.

      Delete