Wednesday 19 June 2013

A Thousand Splendid Suns

For my ISU, Mrs. Le recommended me the book A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. I am so glad she did, because this book was so moving, it brought me to tears. One thing that was so incredible about this book, was how the male author was able to write this book in  females perspective. The thoughts and feelings of the 2 women in this book were so strong and vivid, its astonishing how a man was able to think the way that a woman would. This was one of things that mad this book so good, The fact that Khaled was so in tune with  these emotions of women, and how he understood enough to be able to write such a moving story.

1 comment:

  1. You make a good point, Mickey. I often wonder how authors write such moving stories when they haven't fully lived the experience. I think Hosseini's ability to do this speaks volumes about his skills as an author.

    ReplyDelete