Thursday 20 June 2013

Live Life

Forget yesterday.
It has already forgotten you.
Don't sweat tomorrow.
You haven't even met.
Instead, open your eyes,
and your heart to a
truly precious gift;
today.


I feel like many people need to remember the message that this poem has. 

In the poem it says "Forget yesterday. It has already forgotten you." I personally need to keep this in mind. There are times when I live in the past. It causes me to worry and be unhappy. In order to be happy one needs to move forward and become content with their past and let it go.

To continue, the poem also says "Don't sweat tomorrow. You haven't even met." People need to remember that it will do them no good if they are worrying about what is to come. It causes extra and unneeded stress.

Finally, the poem says "Instead, open your eyes, and your heart to a truly precious gift; today." Instead of mourning about the past and worrying about the future, one needs to let go of the past, be ready for the future and live each day to its fullest. Life is such an amazing gift that is taken for granted. Because life is so wonderful we need to live it and find happiness.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with your post and I think the poem you found is amazing. You`ve clearly analyzed this poem and related it to yourself. I like when you said ``life is such an amazing gift that is taken for granted`` because this is so true. There are many times when I find myself upset about something that happened days before or I am worried about days to come that I forget to live in the present. By doing this I have taken that day for granted. I think it is important to make the best of each day for you never know what is to come and how things could change. My goal is to be more positive and live each day as its own day because there is no point being unhappy over an unchangeable past or stressing about a near future. This is an amazing poem that I too can relate to and I think it sends an important message about living each day to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete