Tuesday 11 June 2013

Exam is the Best

My thoughts on this final exam is very stressful. Mainly because i am not a very strong thesis writer. Most of the time my thesis doesnt make sense! even i get so confused and i wrote it... And im very slow at writing an essay or passage analysis or a close reading response. i normally have to read it for so many times before i get a topic. writing a thesis is prolly the most difficult thing to do in my opinion because i cant write a good clear thematic statement about a passage or a book. I usually get my thesis from Ms Le helping me. Truly Blessed to have Ms Le as a teacher.  I have a feeling this exam is gona take me more than 2 hours because my brain is really slow. Im usually the last one to finish when we write something in class such as the kite runner. i took 2 extra days to finally finish a rough copy. I hope everyone is gona do well in the exam and good luck and study hard. Heres a deep quote from a person i looked up on "I'm not telling you it is going to be easy - I'm telling you it's going to be worth it" 
-- Art Williams

"The most painful thing to experience is not defeat but regret" 
-- Leo Bascaglia
 



4 comments:

  1. Those are some motivational quotes Marjone. I gotta remember those next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marjone, thanks for sharing your personal thoughts. It is often very difficult to openly state our perceived weaknesses. You need to have confidence in your abilities. Coming up with a thesis can be difficult, but always remember that a thesis is a statement you want to prove.

    It is okay that it takes you longer to complete tasks. There is no shame in that. I don't plan on kicking anyone out after two hours, so you can take your time to complete the exam.

    Also, the quotations you shared are great. I might take them and include them on my first day sheets for each of my courses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that coming up with a thesis can be the most difficult part of writing an essay. There are at times many ideas and possible themes which makes it hard to know which one to choose. It can be stressful as if you do not have a strong thesis then the rest of your essay will most likely suffer because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also agree that writing a thesis can be difficult but as long as you know what you want to prove and use good examples, you will do great!

    ReplyDelete